a 2nd look.

power,
lies,
flowers,
&
corruption.









Henri Fantin-Latour
1836-1904
"roses"



""When I found out I was working on an album called Power, Corruption and Lies , I felt drawn towards history. I went to the National Gallery in search of an image of a kind of Machiavellian character but in the end I gave up because everything I saw seemed too obvious, too cliche.

In the gift shop, I picked up this postcard by Henri Fantin-Latour. The person I was with asked if I was thinking of that for the cover and I said "no, of course not," and then…"

Peter Saville, designer.
















1879, oil on canvas.

























Power, Lies, and Corruption

New Order, 1983





"From my head to my toes From the words in the book I see a vision that would bring me luck From my head to my toes To my teeth, through my nose You get these words wrong You get these words wrong Everytime You get these words wrong I just smile

But from my head to my toes From my knees to my eyes Everytime I watch the sky For these last few days leave me alone But for these last few days leave me alone Leave me alone Leave me alone"






New Order, 1983










and finally flowers by David Hockney.











-- -- -- power, lies, flowers, and corruption -- -- -- -- -- -- --