P A R T 2

Altana Palazzo Pucci, designed by Gae Aulenti
photographed by Ivan Terestchenko


"A few years passed and I went back to the Palazzo, when Christian Lacroix was the art director. I took a few new shots and asked if I could have a look at the Altana and this time was granted permission. The rest is the pictures themselves. "















Ivan Terestchenko writes,


"I met Alessandro and Laudomia Pucci for the first time in the early 90's on an assignment for Maison et Jardin to photograph the Antico Setificio Fiorentino a silk workshop founded by the Puccis and other families in the 17th century; Emilio Pucci took it over in the 1950s.

During lunch Laudomia told me she was looking for a carpet factory that could make carpets with her father's design. By an incredible stroke of luck, I had visited such a factory just the week before and I gave her their address.

A few years later when I came back to Florence, this time for the Japanese Vogue, Laudomia told me that her collaboration with this carpet factory had proved very successful. In the mean time however, Alessandro had died in a car crash, he was using the Altana, and Laudomia still mourning her beloved brother couldn't face to go up there anymore.

A few years passed and I went back to the Palazzo, when Christian Lacroix was the art director. I took a few new shots and asked if I could have a look at the Altana and this time was granted permission.

The rest is the pictures themselves. "















































IVAN TERESTCHENKO photography

"From Ukrainian origins, born in England and educated in France, Ivan Terestchenko read History of Art at the Ecole du Louvre and was a painter until the age of 30 when he switched to photography and landed his first assignment with french Vogue. He soon gained international recognition documenting the private homes of fashion and high profile designers for magazines worldwide including The World of Interiors and Casa Vogue Italy.

Ivan travels extensively, sailed twice across the Atlantic ocean and is a passionate surfer. He also paints and sculpts."













-------------------------------