Stephen Aldahl
A,F,K,Q&Z

@ YOUNG ART









a snap shot from my camera of the new works being installed.....




Stehpen Aldahl's new work will be opening this weekend at YOUNG ART Gallery in Chinatown, Los Angeles. 418 Bamboo Lane, Unit B.

This afternoon, I chatted with Stephen Aldahl about these paintings, and some earlier works from his studio. There is a certain quiet physicality to a couple of these works that I find comforting and compelling. Other larger works are painted in whimsical spacious patterns that make me giggle to myself. There is a lot of place, space, light,& possibility in these works. It's where I want to be. I am excited to see these works fully installed, and come together.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll be looking at Paul McCobb furniture in Santa Monica as part of the Los Angeles Antique Show, as well as the 60+ vendors slated to exhibit. Lamps, furniture, and good galore. Only if you twist my arm....












Stephen Aldahl
A,F,K,Q&Z @ YOUNG ART
April 16 - May 15, 2011 Opening Reception
Saturday, April 16
7 - 10pm





-------------------------