Design appeal is based on integrity of form,
-
simplicity of line - and true organic function.

Paul McCobb










Paul McCobb
occasional table, model 8722 Calvin USA,
c. 1955 white glass, brass, via Wright Auctions.

























I spent the afternoon in the Reform Gallery last Friday. It was my first time checking out the reading room, so I made some time for browsing old design books, craft catalogs, architecture books, and talking with Gerard O' Brien and Nicole about certain works in the store that caught my eye. If you want to see works in person (like I do!), or better yet, purchase some of the finest California pieces around, I suggest you get on over to his store/gallery..... There so much eye candy and California history, it's truly remarkable.

Gerard showed me the announcement for the Paul McCobb show he and
Jonathan Goldstein have organized for this upcoming weekend's Los Angeles Antiques Show in Santa Monica. I admit, I know so little about Paul McCobb, so I've been reading the Paul McCobb blog by Jonathan Goldstein from New York. I'm hoping to gain a bit more of an understanding more about his life work as a furniture maker before next week's show.... See you there....






Reform Gallery, here...
6819 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles CA 90038


"The Antiques Dealers Association of California (ADAC), founded in 1924, is an association of knowledgeable dealers pledged to integrity and fair dealing in the buying and selling of antiques. It is ADAC’s commitment to represent honestly the authenticity, provenance, and condition of the merchandise their members offer for sale. In their continued commitment to promote the antiques trade, ADAC is the founder and organizer of the annual Los Angeles Antiques Show. The Antiques Show benefits P.S. ARTS , and with over 60 international dealers, has quickly gained national recognition and prestige. "

APRIL 13 - 17, 2011 at the Hangar in Santa Monica...























-----------------------------