Y H B H S (card catalog) selection 37

Giovanna Parolari, UNA and The Best Time of Day, Portland

"I can't remember the first time I bought either one, but I know that the obsession and feeling of "rightness" lasted a long while. I knew that they were special but I didn't really know what i was absorbing at the time- how fantastic and forward both were."

















INDEX & NEST magazines.


Giovanna Parolari writes: "I grew up in a small town in the Central valley of California. Luckily my parents drove us all over the state--- used bookstores, antique stores, author's homes and gardens. I felt such a connection through these magazines.

I can't remember the first time I bought either one, but I know that the obsession and feeling of "rightness" lasted a long while. I knew that they were special but I didn't really know what i was absorbing at the time- how fantastic and forward both were. I still have a stack of INDEX magazines. Unfortunately I tore apart the Nests years ago to put in the files.
















Graphis Packaging 3 (1977)

"I picked this up at a thrift store along with a couple of the annuals from the 70's and then forgot about them for awhile. I started in on them again recently, the packaging book is perfection. I find a new treasure each viewing, a little detail or design i missed before."





----------------




Giovanna Parolari lives and works in Portland. Her store is UNA. 2802 SE Ankeny, Portland 97214. Her site THE BEST TIME OF DAY is one of the sites I read daily. There is something magical in the works she chooses to show: a strong attraction to geometry, forms, textiles, and a European perspective on interiors. I'm hoping to make it to Portland to visit UNA this year. Finally!





-----------------