George Eastman House
"when plants become chandeliers, etc."

"The George Eastman House, built in 1905,
is home to the International Museum of Photography."

"George Eastman House arranged groundbreaking exhibitions such as New Topographics."

"The George Eastman House Museum of Photography was chartered in 1947. Today, the museum's full name is the George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film. From the outset, the museum's mission has been to collect, preserve, and present the history of photography and film.

The museum opened its doors in 1949, displaying its core collections in the former public rooms of Eastman's house. The museum's original collections — including the Medicus collection of Civil War photographs by Alexander Gardner, Eastman Kodak Company's historical collection, and the massive Gabriel Cromer collection from France — attracted significant additions over the next 40 years. Entire archives, corporate collections, and artists' lifetime portfolios have been donated to the Eastman House, as well as an assemblage of rare motion pictures and ephemera.

the home, built in 1905.

By 1984, the museum's holdings were considered by many to be among the world's finest. However, with the collections growing at a rapid pace, the museum increasingly suffered from its own success.

With an increasing number of materials to store, protect, and study, additional space became critical. A new facility opened to the public in January 1989.

taken from here...
inspired by the upcoming show
at Margo Leavin gallery, Los Angeles
curated by James Welling.