Courtney
Puckett.








Bug
, 2010,

wood, wire, string





"It is important that my work has a physical tactility and at the same time treats the eye to optical texture. The labor intensive, homespun craft technique I engage (weaving, knotting, sewing, cutting, and pasting) are means of formal investigation...

Bug
in particular is made from scraps of wood that I found being thrown out in the basement of the building I live in. It was obvious the wooden shape was some sort of decorative home accessory but its function was unknown to me. I added wire then sought thickness, color, and form through wrapping the armature with various with types of string..."






Bio: Courtney Puckett has a MFA in Combined Media from Hunter College (2007) and a BFA in Painting from the Maryland Institute College of Art (2002). She studied as an exchange student in Glasgow, Scotland, Aix-en-Provence, France and attended the University of New Mexico’s graduate program for a year.










---------------------------