Scott Olson

"It’s not labored, it’s quick gestures. They are defiantly abstract. I’ve never felt pressure to be specific about meaning. I’ve already created a sort of context; they are paintings, they are abstract, they are an investment in materials and craft. Take it from there. Enjoy it."
 



Also known as "there are many ways to construct a home."

 

"Letting yourself loose control a little, like interlocking puzzle pieces that just arrive through the working process. I’m picking certain shapes and colors and a lot of them are intuitive, just going through and feeling a sense of a color or an interest of a particular color.
 

I don’t think colors for me have a lot of specific meaning. For me it’s just about this dance between color and their relationships to each other. Finally what you see is just the result of a very joyful improvisation that happens. It’s not labored, it’s quick gestures. They are defiantly abstract. I’ve never felt pressure to be specific about meaning. I’ve already created a sort of context; they are paintings, they are abstract, they are an investment in materials and craft. Take it from there. Enjoy it. I love the way these paintings look in relation to other contemporary art, because some can be very flashy, quickly and cheaply put together, things are very slip shot and that’s the aesthetic right now. So I’m investing a lot of care and precision into these things and that suits me." - Scott Olson


Overduin and Kite at FIAC Booth 1.G07  
Scott Olson  October 24th - 27th, 2013  
Grand Palais Paris, France




----------