john richardson, by andy warhol.






"I met him in the early 1960s; Andy was always there. He went to every opening, every event. He was the recorder of his time with photos, portraits, diaries. Every morning of his life he dictated what had happened the day before. I don't think there's anybody else in the second half of the 20th century who covered as much ground - the whole of showbiz, anybody in politics, tycoons, movie stars. It was the whole world in the end."

John Richardson on Andy Warhol, at his funeral.











dean sameshima, young men at play.









john richardson eulogy about andy warhol...
taken from here...

"I think he wasn't subject to the same temptations that his entourage was, in that he had such a complex about being ugly, so he was very timid about making advances to people. His mother was probably the most powerful person in his life. When she died, nobody at the Factory was told; they didn't know for months.

He was fascinated by what went on around him, but this didn't necessarily mean he encouraged or condoned it; nor does it mean that he condemned it. I think his position was always one of being very cool about everything, and coolness involves detachment.

But the reverse is also true. Every artist is to some extent a paradox. There was no spite in Andy. Money was important to Andy but he was generous. Every Christmas I got a little painting. I got one of the Skulls, which now go for an awful lot of money; I got one of the abstract Shadows; I got a huge Venus from that series."












dean samehima


the turtles:

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
For all my life
When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue
For all my life

Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together














"I was so afraid of the night
You seemed to move through the places that I feared
You lived inside my world so softly
Protected only by the kindness of your nature
You are my sister"

Anthony and the Johnsons