Maybe its the cold and rainy day here, and the extra cups of earl grey tea i'm drinking, but my mind is racing with thought and possibility. It's interesting to see work form the 30's and 40's that looks current and still powerful.

I started this blog in an attempt to better understand design and its history. It's an attempt to focus, to understand, to relate, and to inspire others with what inspires me. i have actively engaged with contemporary art for many years, and recently been drawn to the 30's, 40's and 50's. I have begun to notice such a parallel to these times with the current scene of artist working in Los Angeles, and abroad.

Jacques Adnet
1900-1984
French Modernism

There is a sense of play, scale, and human quality to these pieces. They skinny lines do not demand attention, but their shy quality intrigues me. There is a quiet sense of power, masculine and feminine.